Married! James + Ruth | Nashville Wedding Photographer Laura K. Allen Photography & Design | Love-bird Wedding

October 15, 2015

The tattooed beauty that you will see in this blog is Ruth, a fabulous gal I went to college with at Ohio State.  We were barista-buddies at a campus coffee shop and my back was her canvas for one of the first tattoos she had ever done.   She was the primary influence for my vegetarianism (and once upon a time, veganism) and I can accredit her for introducing me to some of my favorite bands.

Ruth went off to grad school to study poetry or creative writing I believe, and I moved to Nashville to …… bartend (not my original plan, but that’s how it worked out!).  We stayed in touch by means of Facebook post comments.

One glorious day earlier this year, she sent me a message asking me to send her some information about my wedding photography packages because she was getting MARRIED!  Not only was I so excited to hear about her happiness and engagement, but I was incredibly flattered to be considered to photograph her wedding.  It is a great compliment when another artist asks YOU to create art for THEM!  And nerve-racking. COMPLETELY nerve-racking.

So, Ruth, I am nervously (and excitedly! and nervously!) delivering your gallery to you and your husband, James, today.  I hope you are as enamored with these as I am!!

P.S. Ruth-please don’t judge me for my lack of creative writing skills.  I will admit that I busted out the thesaurus a few times! Hahaha

This wasn’t exactly the type of music Ruth introduced me to in our college years.  We both laughed that we typically hate this type of music….. But One Direction is kinda undeniably awesome. There. I said it. I’m only a little bit ashamed.
Congrats on your new marriage, James and Ruth!!

Laura K. Allen
Nashville, TN Wedding Photographer

1. Sarah

October 15th, 2015 at 6:52 pm

THIS! It’s incredible, as is all of your work.. I would love to book you for my wedding thats being held outside of Nashville? Ive heard so many great things about you and your work, Id love to have you as my Wedding Photographer

2. Brandi Lowery

October 15th, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Such beautiful wedding photographs you captured here. My husband and I are going to renew our vows in Nashville and would love for you to be our wedding photographer when the times comes! Stunning work!

3. Nicole Karageorgos

October 16th, 2015 at 3:35 am

Laura, your photos are absolutely breathtaking. I’ve been looking for a photographer for my wedding here in Nashville next year, and I have to say, the search is over–you are so talented!

4. Laura Allen

October 16th, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Thank you for your kind words Nicole! Please send me an e-mail and I will gladly you send you some information! 🙂

5. Peyton

October 22nd, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Freaking amazing! I love your work! I’m getting married in Nashville in 2016 and looking for a wedding photographer. Do you still have available dates?

6. Sally

October 23rd, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Your weddings are just so stunning! I think you are the best wedding photographer in Nashville!

7. Amanda

October 25th, 2015 at 10:46 pm

These images are amazing! you’re making me dream about my own Nashville wedding! I’ll NEED you to be our photographer!

8. sarah

October 28th, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Holy smokes, you are such a talented wedding photographer! I wish I was closer to Nashville I would certainly be booking you!

9. Krystal

October 28th, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Laura K! These are stunning! Such a beautiful bride & groom, and you are an awesome Nashville Wedding Photographer!

10. khrystal

October 29th, 2015 at 1:58 am

I seriously cannot get over these Laura! I cannot wait to have you photograph me and my crew. YOU ARE THE BEST NASHVILLE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER

11. Heather S

October 31st, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Their chemistry is charming! Love all of your shots. ❤️

12. Christina

November 4th, 2015 at 1:29 am

Oh my gosh… that venue, the wedding dress, the stunning photographs… it’s all too perfect! You’re amazing, Laura!

13. Brooke

January 6th, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Were you able to get out of nashville for this wedding? I love that she knew her photographer before she knew the groom 🙂

14. Sarah

January 16th, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Adore your perspective for wedding photography in Nashville. How fun!! Romantic wedding photography. Well done.

15. Megan

February 2nd, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Laura! I just love your work. I can’t wait to visit Nashville so that you can take our photos, maybe we can even renew our vows and have you as our wedding photographer!

16. Anel

February 2nd, 2016 at 11:19 pm

wow! wow! wow! You are my favorite Nashville wedding photographer. I love your work!

17. Lynn

February 8th, 2016 at 6:12 am

So gorgeous! You are seriously talented and I am so excited that I booked you as my wedding photographer in Nashville next summer. I cannot wait for you to photograph my wedding!

18. Lucille

February 10th, 2016 at 5:59 pm

what a stunning wedding at a beautiful location in Nashville!! Question for you: when is the best time to book your wedding photographer?

19. Liza

March 29th, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Whoah whoah whoah. These are so magnificent! You’re an amazing nashville wedding photographer!