January 31, 2016
One of my favorite things about being a Nashville Wedding Photographer is seeing how my bride & grooms personalize their wedding. I’m not talking about peonies vs. roses, the color of the chair covers, or pulled-pork sandwiches vs. chicken cordon bleu. I’m talking about the meaningful, sentimental ways that a wedding can be personalized. These things are a reflection of the bride & groom’s love for one another as well as paying homage to their past, present, and future. I have had the great honor as a wedding photographer in Nashville, TN to photograph these personalized details. If you are planning a wedding in Tennessee, you may want consider meaningful touches to your wedding like these!
1. Wear your mother’s wedding dress or a modified version of it. Holly added some lace sleeves, but this is mainly her mother’s fabulous frock! Look at her dad’s expression when he sees his daughter in her mother’s dress! So sweet!
2. The bouquet and boutonniere can be personalized to contain special trinkets. Rachel added photos of her grandparents in her bouquet. Matt’s boutonneire had a piece from his dad’s motorcycle and a handwritten note from his soon-to-be wife on it! Matt’s dad was attending the wedding from heaven, but a little piece of him was carried with Matt the whole day! 🙂
3. Save a seat for those in heaven. It’s hard to imagine having a wedding without them, so if there’s room, save them a seat up front!
4. Get married by someone you love! The father of the groom was the officiant at Shelby & Phil’s wedding! I think this is especially awesome for those destination weddings!
5. Include your fur-babies! Mickey was the ring-bearer in Johannah and Garrett’s wedding!
6. Special Vows. Whether you write your own vows or include your darling daughter in the vows like Jennaca & Blake did, personalizing your vows can make your ceremony extra special.
7. Custom Cake Toppers can be a great way to personalize your wedding cake! Carolina and Kyle’s cake topper included an actual representation of their wedding attire and flowers, showed their infinite love for their pup Sugar (who sadly passed away a month before their wedding) and Starbucks, and had a mini diploma from Belmont University, where they both graduated from! Jen & Dave used a vintage cake topper that was made in 1908 and has adorned the tops of many cakes in Jen’s family!
8. Personalize your reception with activities you love! Karaoke, anyone? Garrett & company’s version of Bohemian Rhapsody was ON POINT.
9. When your dad can rock the mic and piano, let him! Lexie’s dad serenaded the newlyweds for their first dance!
Want to share any ways you have/are going to put meaningful touches on your wedding day? Feel free to share in the comments!
Laura K. Allen
Nashville Wedding Photographer
Laura K. Allen is a Nashville TN Wedding Photographer that specializes in Nashville Wedding & Engagement Photography, serving Nashville, Franklin, Madison, Hermitage, Mt. Juliet, Bellevue, Brentwood, Hendersonville, and surrounding areas. Destination Wedding Packages available.
These are such amazing ideas. I just recently moved to Nashville and we are looking for a wedding photographer. I will be in touch!
Wow not only are you an incredible wedding photographer, but you are so knowledgable, I bet you make planning an ease for many brides! Nashville is lucky to have a wedding photographer like you
I cannot wait to meet up with you to chat about my wedding in Nashville! You are such an incredible photographer!!
You are such an amazing wedding photographer! It shows how much you really care about your clients. Do you ever travel outside of Nashville?
Love all these tips! Posts like these to help your couples is what makes you one of the best wedding photographers in Nashville!
I just moved to nashville and immediately fell in love with your work, I would love to talk to you about becoming our wedding photographer! Everything is so stunning nashville is very lucky to have you as a wedding photographer!
You are so right it is about the details and not just the norm. My dad married me and my husband and it was personal and soooo special. That was a detail that made our day memorable. I really love your work. You are the best Nashville wedding photographer. Not only do you take beautiful photos but capture the heart and soul of the wedding.
Oh wow your work is incredible, I am so thrilled to have stumbled across your site, I’m planning a wedding in Nashville early next year, I’m sure you book up very fast I will be emailing you, and would be so excited to have you as our wedding photographer!
Such wonderful advice to make the most special day of your life even more personal. Just from reading this post I can tell how experienced you are as a wedding photographer. Any bride in Nashville would be lucky to have you photograph her special day!
Wow. These are great tips for a wedding. I am planning my Nashville wedding for next year and I definitely want you as our photographer. I’ll be in touch soon!
This is such a great list! I love the memories you capture and this advice is amazing. You are THE best wedding photographer in Nashville!
Love these tips for Nashville brides! You are the most caring Nashville wedding photographer!
I love all these helpful tips! Your Nashville brides are so lucky to have you as their Wedding Photographer.
Laura! These are simply stunning! They capture more than just a moment! They capture the love and the story! Beautifully done!
What a fascinating blog post! I love reading anything from my favorite nashville wedding photographer!
I love all the details in these Nashville weddings. I should of checked here before mine.
I love your enthusiasm as well as your stunning work! My sister got engaged on Valentine’s Day and they are planning a Nashville wedding. I’m sending her your info because she NEEDS you as her wedding photographer!
You are my absolute favorite Nashville wedding photographer!!!! I can not wait to be able to work with you in July!!
You are seriously the best damn Nshville wedding photographer I’ve ever seen! Your work blows me away!