January 31, 2016
One of my favorite things about being a Nashville Wedding Photographer is seeing how my bride & grooms personalize their wedding. I’m not talking about peonies vs. roses, the color of the chair covers, or pulled-pork sandwiches vs. chicken cordon bleu. I’m talking about the meaningful, sentimental ways that a wedding can be personalized. These things are a reflection of the bride & groom’s love for one another as well as paying homage to their past, present, and future. I have had the great honor as a wedding photographer in Nashville, TN to photograph these personalized details. If you are planning a wedding in Tennessee, you may want consider meaningful touches to your wedding like these!
1. Wear your mother’s wedding dress or a modified version of it. Holly added some lace sleeves, but this is mainly her mother’s fabulous frock! Look at her dad’s expression when he sees his daughter in her mother’s dress! So sweet!
2. The bouquet and boutonniere can be personalized to contain special trinkets. Rachel added photos of her grandparents in her bouquet. Matt’s boutonneire had a piece from his dad’s motorcycle and a handwritten note from his soon-to-be wife on it! Matt’s dad was attending the wedding from heaven, but a little piece of him was carried with Matt the whole day! 🙂
3. Save a seat for those in heaven. It’s hard to imagine having a wedding without them, so if there’s room, save them a seat up front!
4. Get married by someone you love! The father of the groom was the officiant at Shelby & Phil’s wedding! I think this is especially awesome for those destination weddings!
5. Include your fur-babies! Mickey was the ring-bearer in Johannah and Garrett’s wedding!
6. Special Vows. Whether you write your own vows or include your darling daughter in the vows like Jennaca & Blake did, personalizing your vows can make your ceremony extra special.
7. Custom Cake Toppers can be a great way to personalize your wedding cake! Carolina and Kyle’s cake topper included an actual representation of their wedding attire and flowers, showed their infinite love for their pup Sugar (who sadly passed away a month before their wedding) and Starbucks, and had a mini diploma from Belmont University, where they both graduated from! Jen & Dave used a vintage cake topper that was made in 1908 and has adorned the tops of many cakes in Jen’s family!
8. Personalize your reception with activities you love! Karaoke, anyone? Garrett & company’s version of Bohemian Rhapsody was ON POINT.
9. When your dad can rock the mic and piano, let him! Lexie’s dad serenaded the newlyweds for their first dance!
Want to share any ways you have/are going to put meaningful touches on your wedding day? Feel free to share in the comments!
Laura K. Allen
Nashville Wedding Photographer
Laura K. Allen is a Nashville TN Wedding Photographer that specializes in Nashville Wedding & Engagement Photography, serving Nashville, Franklin, Madison, Hermitage, Mt. Juliet, Bellevue, Brentwood, Hendersonville, and surrounding areas. Destination Wedding Packages available.